USACE Memphis District
We are seeking motivated individuals to work in Operations Division
PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) FOR:
Certain Competitive Service Positions covered by Section 9905
Opening and Closing Dates: 4/20/20 – 4/24/2020
Position Title: Deckhand
Series/Grade: Deckhand, XF-5788-06
Full Performance Level: XF-06
Duty Location: Official Duty Station is the Dredge Hurley, position requires (non-TDY) travel with the Hurley, shift work, and mandatory overtime.
Hourly Salary Range: $19.15 - $22.34
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Seasonal
Appointment Type: Permanent
Travel Requirement: Temporary Duty Travel is 5% of the time
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Responsibilities/Duties: Incumbent serves as a Deckhand on the Dredge Hurley and performs a variety of work involved in the operation, maintenance, and repair of the deck and general housekeeping functions on dredges, towboats, barges, or other floating plant vessels. Official Duty Station is the Dredge Hurley, position requires (non-TDY) travel with the Hurley, shift work, and mandatory overtime.
Schedule: During the dredging season, typically May through November, all Hurley crew members, including this position, work a 15 days on/6 days off schedule, with the work period beginning and ending on Wednesdays. On the 15 work days, employees remain on the Dredge Hurley and are provided meals and lodging. This position works a 12 hour shift, and may rotate between day and night shifts. During the non-dredging season, the crew works day shift only, with the vessel based at Ensley Engineer Yard, Memphis, TN, on either a 5-day/8-hour or 4-day/10-hr schedule. During the dredging season, the Dredge Hurley will work in widespread locations in the Mississippi River, including up to 120 days in the vicinity of Baton Rouge, LA. This is a permanent seasonal position, seasonal workers are normally placed in non-pay status (laid off) for part of the non-dredging season.
Qualifications Requirements: For all qualified employees currently within the Memphis District, must obtain and maintain TWIC. Must pass physical exam and drug screening test if selected for position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must meet suitability for Federal employment
- Physical and Drug Test required
- Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
- Personnel security investigation required
- Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
- lifting requirement is 40 lbs
- Two year probationary period is required.
How to Apply: Please provide your current resume (preferably in .pdf format)
- Via Email: to: Matt.P.Young@usace.army.mil, and copy Lauren.L.Beasley@usace.army.mil.
- Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of Deckhand, XF-5788-06, HURLEY
- Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 4/24/2020
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not contain resume will not be considered.
Disclaimer: You are about to provide person data. By completing this online application, you are authorizing the US Army Engineer Memphis District to use this data in the recruiting, application, and selection process