USACE Memphis District
We are seeking motivated individuals to work in Operations Division
PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) FOR:
Certain Competitive Service Positions covered by Section 9905
Opening and Closing Dates: 02/22/2021 – 02/26/2021
Position Title: Marine Facilities & Equipment Specialist
Full Performance Level: GS-11
Duty Location: Official Duty Station is the Ensley Engineer Yard, position requires TDY travel.
Salary Range: $ 64,649 - $84,049
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Travel Requirement: Temporary Duty Travel is approximately 10% of the time
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Responsibilities/Duties: Serves as the Marine Maintenance and Facility Management Lead, working in Technical Operations Support Branch, having overall project responsibility for all marine plant and equipment aspects of Operations Division. Areas of responsibility include real property, major floating plant, and marine facility operation. Projects include repair, retrofit and rehabilitation of marine assets, and the development of new major maintenance procedures. Serves as a technical advisor to other engineers, technicians, and field personnel in the organization, other District elements, contractor engineers and other outside interests. Responsible for the management, implementation, coordination and monitoring of the District's automated maintenance management program, Facilities and Equipment Maintenance (FEM). The employee establishes standards for FEM use, identifies responsibilities, sets expectations, and manages assigned projects. Ensures data entry in FEM supports predictive and preventive maintenance and compliance with regulatory programs. District Lead for administration of the District Marine License Training Program.
Schedule: During the river construction and dredging season, typically June through December, the Operations Division units travel in various locations along the Mississippi River. This position is subject to traveling to provide maintenance management support to these units. The wage grade employees in these units work mandatory overtime. The Marine Facilities and Equipment Specialist position works a 5-day, 8-hour/day regular schedule with overtime.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must meet suitability for Federal employment
- Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
- Personnel security investigation required
- Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level II in the Acquisition Career Field Facilities Engineering within 24 months of entrance on duty
- One year supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Two year probationary period is required.
How to Apply:
- Via Email: to: Richard.L.Ott@usace.army.mil, and copy Lauren.L.Beasley@usace.army.mil.
- Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of Marine Facilities and Equipment Specialist, GS-1601-11
- Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CST on 2/26/2021
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not contain resume & license will not be considered.
Disclaimer: You are about to provide personal data. By completing this online application, you are authorizing the US Army Corps of Engineers, Memphis District, to use this data in the recruiting, application, and selection process.