We are seeking motivated individuals to work in Operations Division
PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) FOR:
Certain Competitive Service Positions covered by Section 9905
Opening and Closing Dates: 08/16 - 08/20/2021
Position Title: Welder Series/Grade: WG-3703-08/10
Full Performance Level: WG-10
Duty Location: Official Duty Station is the Ensley Engineer Yard
Hourly Salary Range: $22.67- $30.15
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Travel Requirement: Approximately 30%
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Responsibilities/Duties: Is assigned to the Metal Working Shop to perform a full range of welding. Works on equipment as represented by dredges, towboats, barges, tractors, draglines, derrickboats, buoys, cranes, etc. Works alone or with a group depending on the assignment. Uses prints, sketches and work orders as required.
- Performs welder duties using electric, acetylene and/or inert gas shielded welding processes. Work involves planning, laying out work, positioning and clamping work, pre- heating metal, and maintaining temperature to prevent distortion. Uses templates, jigs, blueprints, and other guides to repair, modify or fabricate metal items for all types of equipment.
- Makes a wide range of welds from simple to precision welding utilizing the shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) and flux core arc welding (FCAW) processes. Works with light, heavy- gauge, and hardened metals, welding all the various types of weldable items assigned, using flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions.
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes to transport and reposition materials and equipment. Operates motor vehicles to pick up and deliver supplies and equipment on public roadways and around jobsites. Operates scissor lifts and aerial boom lifts for accessing elevated working positions. Performs other duties as assigned.
CHRA APPROVED Selective Placement Factor:
-- Must successfully pass pre-employment weld testing to obtain SMAW 6G (6010 root 7018 fill and cap) weld certification and maintain certification thereafter.
WG-08 and WG-10:
-- Must successfully pass pre-employment weld testing to obtain 3G/4G FCAW (unlimited thickness) weld certification and maintain certification thereafter.
Schedule: During Daylight Savings Months, typically March through October, this position works four 10-hour days each week beginning on Mondays. During the rest of the year, the work week consists of five 8-hour days beginning on Mondays.
Conditions of Employment & Notes:
- CHRA APPROVED Selective Placement Factors dtd 24 oct 2017:
--WG-10: Must successfully pass pre-employment weld testing to obtain SMAW 6G (6010 root 7018 fill and cap) weld certification and maintain certification thereafter.
-- WG-08/10 Must successfully pass pre-employment weld testing to obtain 3G/4G FCAW (unlimited thickness) weld certification and maintain certification thereafter.
- "Incumbent may be subject to assignment on other phases of productive work, which may include travel from his permanent duty station, depending on (1) needs of the organization; (2) individual ability; (3) requirements for utilization of personnel to a desirable degree; and (4) the need for new and additional experience as required by operations. Is also subject to assignment where needed during emergencies."
- Requires some travel at approximately 30%.
- Subject to a pre-employment drug test screening, and random testing thereafter.
- Incumbent is required to sign a DA Form 5019-R, "Condition of Employment for Certain Civilian Positions Identified as Critical Under the Drug Abuse Testing Program," or a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- Requires the completion of a pre-employment and annual physical examination to ensure required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- Must possess a valid state issued vehicle driver’s license prior to employment and maintain thereafter.
- Must obtain and/or maintain within 12 months of being hired:
-- forklift operator’s license
-- scissor lift operator’s license
-- aerial boom lift operator’s license
-- overhead crane operator’s license
- Various protective devices such as safety shoes and glasses, gloves, and hard hats must be used.
- Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
- Two-year probationary period is required.
How to Apply: Please provide your current resume, must be readable [preferably .pdf]
- Via Email: to: Kevin.J.Woods@usace.army.mil, and copy Lauren.L.Beasley@usace.army.mil.
- Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of Welder, Plant Section, WG-3703.
- Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 8/20/2021
Disclaimer: You are about to provide personal data. By completing this online application, you are authorizing the US Army Engineer Memphis District to use this data in the recruiting, application, and selection process
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not contain a resume will not be considered.