USACE Memphis District
We are seeking motivated individuals to work in Operations Division
PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) FOR:
Certain Competitive Service Positions covered by Section 9905
Opening and Closing Dates: 03/09/20 – 03/13/20 Position Title: Tool and Parts Attendant Series/Grade: WG-6904-06
Full Performance Level: WG-06
Duty Location: Official Duty Station is the Ensley Engineer Yard
Hourly Salary Range: $18.56 - $21.64 Work Schedule: Full-Time Appointment Type: Permanent
Travel Requirement: Temporary Duty Travel is up to 5%
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Requisitions, receives, stores, identifies and issues items to shop personnel. Converts shop terms to standard nomenclature to identify and locate items. Items include: tools, replacements parts, raw stock (e.g., steel, iron, aluminum, plastic, etc.), common replacement parts (e.g., nuts, screws, bolts, drill bits, cutting tools for machinist, metal working material, gloves, welding helmets, hardhats, personal protective equipment etc. welding electrodes and gases). Receives work requests, pulls and bins part necessary to complete work and prepare requisitions for parts not in stock. Issues and receives tools and parts to toolmaker, machinist, and welders. Maintains status of tool location. Inventories and retrieves all tools on a regular basis. May perform minor maintenance (e.g., clean stock and parts, apply protective coatings, replace cords or switches, etc.).
- Counts items on hand and reconciles count against requisitions for incoming stock. Searches bins for misplaced items or item re-count. Stores tools by marking, identifying, categorizing and arranging in shelves, bins and storage areas. Responsible for security and maintenance of all tools and parts. Performs inventories and searches records to determine the basis for overages and shortages. Makes preliminary determination and recommends whether to reuse, repair, or turn-in damaged tools, used or excess stock or parts. Recommends use of substitutes when items are not available. Refers to technical manuals, manufacturers catalogs, shop personnel and local suppliers to determine substitutes. Monitors tool usage to determine their obsolescence. Determines if tools and equipment function properly. Ensures completion of necessary tests, calibration and repairs. Determines need for these checks by visual and operational checks and user reports. Prepares items for calibration IAW schedules. Reports discrepancies, shortages or damaged shipments to supervisor or pertinent supply facility. Prepares turn- in documents and returns overages to appropriate supply facility.
- Replenishes items by providing information to supervisor or supply personnel and initiating requisitions.
- Drives trucks up to and including 5-ton capacity, to transport parts and materials through the post and on short hauls on public roads. Assists in the loading and unloading of materials. Operates forklifts up to 10,000-pound capacity. Checks cargo papers and visually inspects loads to ensure proper loading of vehicle. May occasionally drive other vehicles for which licensed and qualified.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Schedule: During Daylight Savings Months, typically March through October, this position works four 10-hour days each week beginning on Mondays. During the rest of the year, the work week consists of five 8-hour days beginning on Mondays.
Skills and Knowledge:
Must possess skill and knowledge to: set up and shift storage locations, considering numerous factors (e.g., available space, turnover, convenience of handling items, etc.); identify and select for issue items described by users in terms of their intended use; recommend substitutions and interchangeability of items; determine when tools and equipment should be routed to appropriate shops for test, repair, or calibration; determine when damaged and inoperative items cannot be feasibly/economically repaired; provide information on status of stock to the supervisor or responsible supply personnel; determine and keep adequate numbers and types of items on hand; and keep track of incoming project assigned items and the in-process or planned projects to which they are assigned so to keep them separated from regularly stocked items.
Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a current State drivers license and/or U.S. Government drivers license.
Skill in the handling controls for starting, stopping, backing and driving forklifts.
Supervisor provides oral and written instructions that indicate the work to do and the requirements of the general storage plan. Incumbent completes work within the framework of the general storage plan, receiving little instruction from the supervisor on how to do it. Incumbent makes decision and uses judgment to determine and select work sequences, methods, procedures, and techniques. Supervisor judges the quality and quantity of overall work on the basis of customer reports.
Performs work on hard surfaces and in work areas requiring standing, stooping, bending and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts and carries tools, parts, supplies and equipment that weigh up to 10 pounds. Occasionally handles items weighing up to 50 pounds, with other workers available for assistance with heavier items.
Performs work, generally inside, in well-lighted areas. Faces exposure to drafts, noise, dirt, dust, grease, etc. Faces frequent exposure to possibility of cuts, scrapes and bruises. Routinely works outside in extreme conditions (e.g., extreme high or low temperature, wind, snow, etc.).
Conditions of Employment:
Must meet suitability for Federal employment
- Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
- Personnel security investigation required
- Must pass physical examination and drug screening test
- Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
- Two year probationary period is required.
How to Apply: Please provide your current resume, must be readable [preferably .pdf]
- Via Email: to: Kevin.J.Woods@usace.army.mil, and copy Lauren.L.Beasley@usace.army.mil.
- Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of Tool and Parts Attendant, Plant Section, WG-6904-06
- Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 3/13/2019
Disclaimer: You are about to provide personal data. By completing this online application, you are authorizing the US Army Engineer
Memphis District to use this data in the recruiting, application, and selection process
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not contain resume will not be considered.