PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) FOR:
Certain Competitive Service Positions covered by Section 9905
Opening and Closing Dates: 09/28/2020 - 10/02/2020
Position Title: General Facilities and Equipment Specialist
Full Performance Level: GS-12
Duty Location: Official Duty Station is the Ensley Engineer Yard, position requires TDY travel.
Salary Range: $76,721 - $99,741
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Travel Requirement: Temporary Duty Travel is approximately 10% of the time
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Responsibilities/Duties: Serves as the Plant and Facility Manager, working in Technical Operations Support Branch, having overall project responsibility for all plant and equipment aspects of Operation’s Division. Areas of responsibility include real property, major land plant and facility operation. Projects include repair, retrofit, rehabilitation, and the development of new major maintenance procedures. Serves as a technical advisor to other engineers, technicians, and field personnel in the organization, other District elements, contractor engineers and other outside interests. Responsible for the overall management, implementation, coordination and monitoring of the District's maintenance management program, Facilities and Equipment Maintenance (FEM). The employee establishes standards for FEM use, responsibilities, sets expectations, and manages assigned projects. Ensures data entry in FEM supports predictive and preventive maintenance and compliance with regulatory programs.
Schedule: During the river construction and dredging season, typically June through December, the Operations Division units travel in various locations along the Mississippi River. This position is subject to traveling to provide maintenance management support to these units. The wage grade employees in these units work mandatory overtime. The General Facilities and Equipment Specialist position works a 5-day, 8-hour/day regular schedule with overtime.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must meet suitability for Federal employment
- Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
- Personnel security investigation required
- Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level II in the Acquisition Career Field Facilities Engineering within 24 months of entrance on duty
- Two year probationary period is required.
How to Apply:
- Via Email: to: Richard.L.Ott@usace.army.mil, and copy Lauren.L.Beasley@usace.army.mil.
- Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of General Facilities and Equipment Specialist, GS-1601-12
- Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CST on 10/2/2020
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not contain resume & license will not be considered.
Disclaimer: You are about to provide personal data. By completing this online application, you are authorizing the US Army Engineer Memphis District to use this data in the recruiting, application, and selection process