The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) is hosting two scoping webinars on September 11th and 18th to listen and solicit comments on the Missouri River Recovery Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). Participants are encouraged to attend one or both webinars, which will be held from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. (CDT) on both days.
The Missouri River Recovery Program (MRRP) combines implementation requirements of the 2003 Missouri River Biological Opinion and the Bank Stabilization and Navigation Project Fish and Wildlife Mitigation project. To comply with National Environmental Policy Act requirements, the Corps will assess programmatic effects and develop a range of alternatives for the program. The Management Plan and EIS also will provide an evaluation of the necessity and effectiveness of actions contained in the Biological Opinion.
The Management Plan and EIS will take about three years to complete. The MRRP allows the Corps to continue operation of the Missouri River Basin projects for all of its authorized purposes and to achieve multiple benefits.
Information collected from the Corps’ monitoring efforts will be used to evaluate the reasonableness, effectiveness and the programmatic impacts of its current actions and refine or change those actions as appropriate. Consistent with BiOp requirements, a definitive adaptive management process will be developed to ensure the flexibility needed to adjust actions based on continued monitoring to avoid jeopardy of the listed species, without pursuing measures that do not prove effective.
From your computer, connect to https://connect.dco.dod.mil/mngtplan
at 3 p.m. (CDT) on either September 11th or 18th. The webinars will be recorded, and participants will be able to provide comments that will be documented by a court reporter. All comments received will become part of the public record and may be included in the Final Management Plan and EIS. Those who use a telecommunications service for the deaf (TDD) may call the Federal Information Relay Service (FIRS) anytime at 800-877-8339 to relay this same information. For further details on webinar participation, please visit the Management Plan tab at http://moriverrecovery.usace.army.mil
Comments regarding the Missouri River Recovery Management Plan and EIS will be accepted through October 18, 2013. They can be entered into the online public comment system, http://parkplanning.nps.gov/MRRMP
, or sent to: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Attn: CENWK-PM-PR (Management Plan and EIS), 601 E. 12th Street, Kansas City, MO 64106.
Prior to participating in the scoping webinars, please ensure the appropriate security certificates are downloaded online.
For Windows based computers:
1. Navigate to http://iase.disa.mil/pki-pke/
2. Click "Tools" from the left menu.
3. Scroll down to the "Trust Store Management".
4. Click on "InstallRoot 3.16 A".
5. Click on "(ZIP Download) Size 1,803 KB".
6. Click "Save" and then select a location where you want to save the file. We recommend the desktop.
7. Click "Open".
8. Double click the folder "InstallRoot_v3.16A".
9. Double click the folder "Windows".
10. Double click the file "InstallRoot_v3.16A.exe" for a 32-bit Operating System or "InstallRoot_v3.16Ax64.exe" for a 64-bit Operating system.
11. Click "Yes".
12. A black window will open up and scroll some certificates and then automatically close.
13. You have successfully installed the certificates.
For non-Windows users:
1. Navigate to https://crl.gds.disa.mil/
2. DCO currently uses "DoD Root CA 2" and "DoD CA-28" certificates.
The Missouri River Recovery Program’s mission is to implement actions to accomplish Missouri River ecosystem recovery goals in coordination and collaboration with agency partners and stakeholders.
For more information regarding the Management Plan and EIS, visit http://moriverrecovery.usace.army.mil