MEMPHIS, Tenn. --
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Memphis District (CEMVM), and their non-Federal Sponsor, the Lower Mississippi River Conservation Committee (LMRCC), scheduled a hybrid in-person/virtual public meeting for its Draft Integrated Feasibility Report and Draft Environmental Assessment (DIFR-EA) of the Hatchie-Loosahatchie Mississippi River Ecosystem Restoration Study.
The meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Mar. 6, 2023. The meeting location is Ducks Unlimited Headquarters at One Waterfowl Way, Memphis, Tennessee. USACE and LMRCC will host an open house from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Concluding the evening will be a presentation and period reserved for public comment lasting from 6:45 to 8 p.m.
Those unable to attend in person may view the aforementioned proceedings via live-streaming at: https://youtube.com/live/rQY6kgiCyP4?feature=share
As a reminder, the study team invites the general public, all interested parties, and study stakeholders to comment on the DIFR-EA. The draft report contains the following:
- A description of the project.
- An evaluation of considered alternatives.
- An analysis of potential environmental effects.
USACE will accept comments in the following ways:
- In person at the meeting @Ducks Unlimited Headquarters at One Waterfowl Way, Memphis, Tennessee.
- Via livestreaming the meeting on YouTube & using the chat option to enter comments:
- Please Note: This option is only available while the meeting is streaming live as the chat box is only active when the meeting is live and actually happening in real time. When the meeting is over, so is your chance to comment using YouTube and the chat box. You can however still use one of the other options listed below.
- Via email at LMRRA-Hatchie-Loosahatchie@usace.army.mil.
- Via mail using the address:
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
167 North Main St.
Memphis, Tennessee 38103
All public comments (received on time) will be considered and addressed. The deadline to submit comments is Mar. 13, 2023.
The DIFR-EA and additional study details are available online at: https://www.mvm.usace.army.mil/Missions/Environmental-Stewardship/Hatchie-Loosahatchie-Mississippi-River-Ecosystem-Restoration-Study/.
Release no. 23-005